MOBILE-OPTIMIZED WEB DEVELOPMENT
By• January 14, 2015
It is no longer big news to anyone that mobile use is on the constant rise. With over 1.2 billion users around the world, the fact is that if you don’t have a mobile-optimized website, you’re probably already losing potential customers. Below, we have compiled some statistics that showcase mobile consumer habits and preferences in 2014.
What is a mobile-optimized website?
For a website to be considered “optimized” for mobile use, it should meet the following criteria:
• It should load in under 5 seconds on any mobile device
• The website’s elements should resize and reposition to fit in the restricted screen area of smartphones and tablets
• The website’s graphics should be scaled down to reduce the load on the device’s processor
• The navigation menu might need to be redesigned for mobile use
• Certain functionality within a website may need to be omitted on mobile devices to ensure the site’s smooth performance
• No Flash elements can be present on a mobile-optimized website
If your current website does not qualify as a mobile-optimized website, we would love to hear from you and offer you a free consultation on how we can help you optimize it. Please feel free to contact us if you require any additional information.